Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Catching up on everything....

It's been NUTS around here - tons going on but before I get started I wanted to share the news on Sharron's boy "Blaine" (from the Leigh x Flynn litter) He took Winners Dog for 2 points last weekend with Sharron showing him herself for the first time - it was his first points. We are SO proud of him and Sharron!

Now for some puppy/litter news....
Dido's pups are doing absolutely fantastic - they are gorgeous and we love the personalities on them. Scarlet's pups have their eyes open and ears and are starting to walk around - will have their first meal tomorrow and will take new pics of them to post on the website tomorrow as well. My Basenji girl Belle will be coming home on Thursday, she's been in Illinois being bred - will post more information on that in another post with pictures and such. The pups will be born here at Shannon Down but will leave to the co-breeders when they are 8 weeks old, but we should have some great memories and pictures during those 8 weeks to share. Leigh got to Kansas yesterday to be bred to Hudson, they had their first breeding tonight! After not having Whippet puppies for over a year and now having Dido and Scarlet's litters, I can't believe how much I missed having babies around. We also got word the other day that Carina IS pregnant by Bosley - we can not wait to see pictures of the future puppies!!!!

News on Tigger - Tigger's leg isn't stable :( If you pick it up and wiggle it around it moves, so on mom's way to Ohio on Friday for lure coursing she will be stopping by the infamous Dr. Radcliffe for him to take a look at it - will post more when I hear of how the appointment goes.

Bitches in SEASON - aside from Leigh and Belle coming in season but leaving for breeding - Helen, GiGi and Viva are all in season as well... so the girls spend part of the day crying because they want to be bred and the boys spend the rest of the time crying because they want to breed them. When bitches are in season it's the noisiest the dogs ever get but we are couping with it all but can't wait until they are out of season!

For other news - I had a phone interview with ASFA tonight about possibly taking over their website, not sure if that is a go yet or not but will post if I hear any good news. I am also going to be doing the 2010 AWC National website and I am excited about that. I took over the http://www.eclipsewhippet.com/ website and will be doing some changes to the http://www.ableaimkennels.com/ site in the next week or two. Also - something that has got me very excited and will keep me quite busy... I am taking over the Whippet Watch magazine after this next issue! I am so excited about it and will spend the next several months getting familiar with it. My first issue will be around Xmas time - so if you don't subscribe right now - get a subscription!!!

I will try and get some other stuff posted tomorrow, pictures and such - but that is it for tonight!

Krys

No comments: