Monday, February 23, 2009

Lots of weekend news!

We had an awesome weekend, so much fun and great weather - awesome running dogs and huge meets!

Saturday we started out with 50 dogs! The Shannon Down kids placements...

7th - Raku
11th - Striker
14th - Tinsley
18th - Viva - new OTRM-2
19th - Winnie
23rd - GiGi
24th - Charlize (story for her just below these results)
26th - Rupert
32nd - Gali
33rd - Delite - new OTR
37th - Murphy, still running at 9.5 years old!

Okay - so the story on Charlize is she was my girl that got loose at the Kansas Nationals. We got her back safely but it left her with some emotional damage. I've tried to get her coursing, but she runs about half way and then realizes she is alone and comes back to me. We took her this weekend just because I was going (and she is MY girl) and wanted to see if she would show any interest. We needed to put her in to have a 50 dog meet so I did a practice run with her (hand slipping) and let her run with Rupert and she took off like a bullet chasing the bunny. The loud screeching sound of the rail never bothered her. So for her first run, since she hadn't been in a box, I held her inside the box and let go of her when the front opened. That worked great for her, she took off as soon as it opened. The second run we did the same, the third run we closed her in the box and off she went when the door opened!!!! She gained 10 points towards her OTR title, a dog I thought I would never get a title on. She was also high FTE (first time entered) out of the Top 10!!! She ran 24th out of 50 dogs and I couldn't be happier with her! On Sunday she ran all 3 programs out of a closed box and earned another 10 points towards her OTR (needs 5 more) and she had the time of her life. She was so happy when she finished each run and I was beyond proud of her! My baby "Jelly Bean" who was born a singleton out of my girl Scarlet, on my 18th birthda - she is special to me and I was so happy to see her out there, running and having a blast!

Okay - Sunday placements for the Shannon Down crew
42 dog meet

6th - Viva - earning 3 ORC points, needs ONE more to finish her ORC title!
9th - Striker - earning 0.33 ORC points (1 point split 3 ways with 2 other dogs)
12th - Raku
15th - GiGi
20th - Helen
21st - Rupert
25th - Torin - finishing his OTRM-3 and still running strong at 7 years old!
29th - Quincy - new OTR
30th - Gali
32nd - Charlize


Also, as the WRA trials in Camden, SC - Bosley and Cuda were being run by our friend Wanda Bright and George and Michelle also took Ripley & Trick!

On Saturday (22 dogs)
5th - Bosley - earning 0.5 WRCh points
8th - Cuda
14th - Ripley
18th - Trick

On Sunday (20 dogs)
5th - Bosley - earning another 0.5 WRCh points (needs 0.66 points to finish!!!!!!!)
8th - Cuda
13th - Ripley
15th - Trick - new CR

We also heard from Sharron on Saturday - Blaine was showing at a match, I believe he won the Hound Group with a lot of competition there! I am waiting to get details on it all and will post when I have them :)

What a great weekend, tons of fun and lots of new titles and points towards Championships! We also picked up our little Byelobog on Friday evening. He's been awesome! Was totally clean when he arrived, played all day Sat and Sun with the pups (and had a blast!) and slept in bed with me last night and was perfect! He's adorable!

We also got some videos of the kids which I will put in anothe

No comments: