Saturday, December 29, 2007

Puppies in the new year?

Well, after much talk with Belle's breeder and co-owner about breeding her again and then testing for Faconi, we finally bred Ms. Belle. Our pick boy - "Neo", Ch. Tamsala Hot Onya Heels (Australian Import) who I have admired for a while. This litter (if she caught) will be bred by myself (Krys), her breeder Gale Whitehurst and co-owner Tad Brooks (owner of Neo). If all goes well we should have little wrinkly curly tailed Basenji babies the end of January. Though this is a litter that Gale really wanted to do, I wanted to whelp her here at home - so she will have her puppies with me here at Shannon Down. They will go to Gale and Tad when they are 8 weeks old, but until then I get to raise them and love on them and spoil them rotten before they leave :) LOL

I have been palpating her, but I am use to palpating Whippets, I have felt things on and off and I know her breeder told me that they often thought a bitch of theres would only have a pup or two and ended up having a large litter - so they must keep those pups sucked up in their ribcage for awhile. As the weeks go on I should be able to feel more and we will have her ultrasounded if I am still not sure in the next week or so. So keep your fingers crossed, I hope this caught as Gale went through with doing an surgical implant right before the holidays and I don't want her to have to do it all over again :( Keep you fingers crossed and I will be posting lots of updates!

Belle has only had one other litter, and that one litter has made her the TOP producing Basenji bitch for 2007 - I will list all their titles when I get them from their breeder - but I am so proud of these very versatile kids - completing their AKC Field Championships and show Championships!

Momma to be... "Belle"


Daddy to be... "Neo"


Will post pics (if she caught) as her belly grows and of course when pups are born :)

Krys

No comments: